We love cooking with garlic and anchovies. An amazing umami secret ingredient for simple delicious pasta.
Anchovies pack enormous flavour for such little fish. They’re strong to the point that lone a little measure of anchovy is expected to add flavour to sauces, plates of mixed greens dressings, pasta and pizza.
- 300g of organic spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 80g anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
- 150g of julienne french beans
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Put the spaghetti in a large pot of salted quickly bubbling water and cook just until al dente.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and anchovies; cook, stirring occasionally until medium golden and anchovies have melted, 2–3 minutes. Add french beans; sauteed about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; slowly stir in butter to make a smooth sauce.
- Add spaghetti and continental parsley to the pan and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat and drizzle some olive oil and lemon juice!
- That’s it, enjoy!
Nutritional Value Of Anchovies
Anchovies are rich in protein, vitamins and minerals that help in maintaining good health. It contains calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc. Anchovies are a good source of vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, folate, vitamin C, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin E and vitamin K.